Property management software facilitates various internal and external operations in a hotel. It efficiently streamlines administrative tasks such as channel management
, reservations, housekeeping, occupancy management, rate management, and payment processing. In essence, it is a one-step solution that manages various processes and improves the overall efficiency in a hotel.
A hotel PMS integrates with various modules in a hotel and streamlines every process. It’s directly responsible for internal services such as front-desk operations, back-office management, point-of-sale services, customer data extraction and management, yield management, and housekeeping. Moreover, it is connected to a central reservation system that manages reservations through the website and online travel agencies. PMS is a comprehensive tool that offers 2-way connectivity with the revenue manager
and the pricing system while automating the internal processes in a hotel.Integrations
– Ease of integration is a critical deciding factor when choosing a PMS. Ensure that the PMS you buy plays well with the mission-critical software that you already have. Seamless integration with revenue manager and the pricing system renders faster and more accurate hotel management.Distribution Over Channels
– The PMS must have two-way connectivity with a channel manager. This ensures that the rates and availabilities are automatically pushed from the property management system to the channel manager, which later publishes them across all sales channels or OTAs
– An integrated PMS must allow data analysis under various aspects such as ROI, booking patterns, and customer behaviour. This streamlines the process by helping you understand your shortcomings and also equips you with the knowledge to make better and smarter decisions that lead to increased profit. Customer Support and Feedback
– Your property management software must have built-in communication features to cater to your guests. It should send booking confirmation or cancellation emails and SMSs to your guests automatically so that there is no communication gap and zero scope of human error.Rate Management
– An essential feature of a hotel property management system is intuitive rate management. Your PMS should take into account various factors such as demand, sales competitor pricing, occupancy, and seasons to suggest the right room rates. It must also give you the freedom to create a pricing strategy on the front desk and update it on all marketing channels.Room Inventory Management
– An effective PMS should allow you to manage your rooms by letting you access both current and upcoming inventory status and update it in real-time. It must also allocate hotel rooms automatically to guests and facilitate room change.Point-of-Sale Service
– A hotel PMS should be able to integrate with third-party point-of-sale software to allow flexible payment processing and point-of-sale services. It should allow you to include additional bills against add-on services such as gym, spa, mini-bar items, etc. in the main bill.Cloud-based
– With a cloud-based PMS, you can achieve greater efficiency. It ensures that all your data is in one place, and every process is streamlined without the need for additional hardware or software.